Ogdscopy or Gastroscopy or Upper Endoscopy is a procedure used to identify pathology in Esophagus, Stomach and Duodenum.
- Upper abdominal pain acidity reflux NOT RESPONDING to conventional treatment
- Possibility of malignancy
- Difficulty in swallowing
- Blood in vomitus
- Blood in stools
Preparation for Ogds
- Empty stomach for 8 hours
Procedures done with ogds
- Banding or injection of bleeding varices
- Treatment of bleeding ulcer
- Dilatation of stricture
- Insertion of metal stents
- Gastric BALLOON FOR TREATMENT OF OBESITY
Anesthesia required local with sos sedation in adults.